How to be a local historian (and create your own heritage trail)
Help us to create a brand-new heritage trail for the Garnock Valley by nominating your favourite old places.
About this Event
Love history? And being outdoors? Join us on December the 9th and help to create a brand-new heritage trail for the Garnock Valley by nominating your favourite old places. We’ll show you how to research their histories, so you can add them to the trail!
Live streaming Wednesday December 9th, 11:00am - 12:30pm OR watch the recording at a time that suits you!
What you’ll learn
We all have our favourite old places that we like to visit on walks, and enjoy with friends and family. But how do you find out more about their long-lost past?
This online class will show you how to:
- identify your local heritage sites
- what you can look for when visiting your favourite old places
- where to look for more information online, like Canmore, PastMap and other online collections
- write a heritage description to share with others
- update information online
If you enjoy the class, you can then nominate a place and sign up to join our project and help us to create a brand-new heritage trail for Garnock.
Book your place on the first of our FREE Winter Workshops here.