FREE winter workshops program
Don't miss out on the program of FREE community heritage workshops coming this winter from Garnock Connections.
The workshops will cover a wide range of topics from taking oral histories and interpreting finds to making videos and designing exhibitions. The program will be delivered by our expert partners at DigVentures and Rathmell Archaeology. To keep you as safe as possible the workshops will initially be delivered online with options to attend the live stream or to catch up with the recorded version at a time of your choosing. As soon as it is safe to do so, we will return to delivering workshops live and in person giving you a chance to get hands on with the cultural heritage of the area.
Things kicked off on Wednesday the 9th of December with "How to be a local historian" and the rest of the program looks like this...
- 9th December: How to be a local historian - Part 1 - Catch up by viewing the recording here.
- 16th December: How to be a local historian - Part 2
- 13th January: How to be a local historian - Part 1 - Online recording
- 27th January: How to be a local historian - Part 2 - Online recording
- 10th February: Garnock Video Diaries: how to make short videos about heritage - Online recording
- 17th February: What have you found: Learning about places through objects - Online recording
- 24th February: Let's blether together: Recording oral histories - Online recording
The program will continue throughout 2021 so keep checking back here and on the DigVentures: Digital Dig Team page to see what else is coming up.